French Bulldogs or Frenchies are a sensitive dog breed, and despite their intimidating name, these dogs require much more care when it comes to their eating habits than most dogs. You cannot go about feeding your Frenchie anything you want because it can damage its health badly.
What if your French Bulldog accidentally ate your burrito?
Can French Bulldogs eat burritos at all?
The famous Instagram video of the Frenchie named Bluenjy, who took the world by storm, eating a burrito like a human, is something we cannot forget. It is worth mentioning that the video received some negative feedback.
However, should you feed a burrito to your Frenchie? Is it a safe choice for them? Read on as we tell you everything about it.
Can French Bulldogs Eat Burritos?
It is easy to get carried away when it comes to food and feed your French Bulldog human food. Hence, the big question is, can a Frenchie eat a burrito? The quick answer is a big NO. Burrito is a food that comes filled with ingredients hazardous for your French Bulldog’s health.
You have to watch the food items with a Frenchie. These dogs require special attention when it comes to eating.
Here is a breakdown of what a burrito contains and how it can be dangerous to your Frenchie.
- Onions or onion powder: Onion is one of those rare vegetables that are highly toxic to Frenchies. Although your dog will need to consume a lot of it to become seriously ill, there is enough in a burrito to cause concern.
- Garlic: Much like onions, garlic is also a member of the allium family and can have the same effects for Frenchies. Garlic poisoning ensues when your dog ingests such ingredients and can undergo anemia.
- Chili pepper and spices: Spicy foods can be very dangerous for bulldogs, steering them towards issues like stomachache, diarrhea, gas, and bloating. You should not let your bulldog eat spices in any form.
- Guacamole: Avocado is the main component of guac. It contains persin, a fungicidal toxin that can result in serious health problems, or even death for sensitive dogs like Frenchies.
- Beans: This ingredient is also a no for dogs. It can be hard to digest, leading to stomach issues and making your Frenchie fall sick.
With this breakdown, it is evident that a burrito primarily consists of components that each can be detrimental to a French Bulldog’s health. Therefore, imagine what these ingredients will do together.
What To Do if My French Bulldog Eats a Burrito?
Say you bought a burrito for yourself, and as you were enjoying it, you had to get up for something. You left it unattended. Now your Frenchie came trotting into the room and hits the jackpot. When you come back, you find your burrito is half gone.
What do you do?
If your dog has a particularly sensitive stomach like most Frenchies, immediately take it to the vet. If your Frenchie tends to eat human food frequently, and it does not harm it, you still need to take action and examine its health.
Additionally, if you find your dog vomiting, it is undoubtedly time for the vet.
If you take immediate action, your Frenchie will be fine with some medicine. However, it can lead to serious health problems if you let it be.
From Smiling Bulldogs,
Frenchies have sensitive stomachs, so you should give special attention to their eating habits. A dog’s digestive system cannot process human food with ease, and for some, it can be painful.
French Bulldogs are more prone to digestive issues than most dogs. Hence, you must be careful and never leave your Frenchie unattended when food is near.
If this article “Can French Bulldogs Eat Burritos,” helped you, you might also like: